Choose a poem you love or admire, one you know well or a new discovery.
Investigate it: what’s it saying, how does it work, how could you read it to bring out its power for you?
Ready to pass it on?
Here’s what to do:
- Register on the site (enter your email in the left hand column then click ‘Register’).
- Locate your nearest venue & obtain a free e-ticket for the next reading. You will need your ticket at the door. We have a few people who don’t use email. If you don’t, just come without a ticket.
- Email your choice of poet and poem to the contact for your venue a good 5 days in advance or any time before that. The earlier it is submitted, the easier it is for the venue host.
- Add just two or three lines about yourself: interests, activities, jobs etc.
- Your poem (one per reader) should be written by someone other than you and be of short to medium length
There will be a printed programme. When it is your turn we will, very briefly, introduce you before you read.
Most readers take just a minute or two to explain why they chose their poem.
Yes, just remember listeners need a ticket too
Yes, there will be an interval and refreshments, either basic or a little more elaborate.
Check with your venue contact first
Not a problem! We particularly support newcomers. Check out our advice on reading aloud.